JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Representative
LOCATION: Central Administration Office
REPORTS TO: A/R Practice Director
RESPONSIBILITIES: Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices. Knowledge of basic medical coding including ancillary codes. Knowledge of insurance agency operating procedures and practices. Knowledge of governmental legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities. Skill with computer applications and use of calculator. Ability to deal courteously with patients, co-workers and others. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to read an Explanation of Benefits correctly.
- Proficient with Blue Cross Blue Card and Georgia Medicaid.
- Reviews each account via computer, reports and other information sources such as credit bureaus.
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period and payment sources to include reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Able to assign CPT and ICD-10 codes correctly.
- Able to post payments to accounts correctly as needed working directly with the insurance company, site staff and patient to get a denied claim processed and paid.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information per company policy and HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs related work as required.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach to accomplish duties.
- Must be able to move about the office in confined areas.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required procedures.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and to perform required procedures.
- Must have adequate hearing and speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others, including patients and co-workers.
JOB TITLE: Medical Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Practice Director
LOCATION: Woodruff Road, 1900 10th Ave.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and planning skills, attention to Detail and Problem Solving, knowledge of HIPAA, some knowledge of medical billing systems or electronic medical records, assists front office personnel in the smooth running of the office
Greets everyone who walks through the front door promptly and courteously, enters all new patient demographics into the computer, updates established patient information and enters into the computer, answer and direct phone calls appropriately, assists in maintaining a neat and orderly waiting room, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, works extra if needed to meet the needs of the patients and the office, perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to bend, stretch and reach to accomplish duties, must be able to move about the office in confined areas, must have adequate manual dexterity to write legible and perform required procedures, must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and to perform required procedures, must have adequate hearing and speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others, including patients and co-workers.
High School Graduate or GED; some college preferred